Wednesday, September 12, 2012

New Year !!!

I hope everyone had a great first meeting!!! It was so fun to see everyone. I am looking forward to taking the PLUNGE together. 

As some of you saw on FB and heard today, I was looking into chore charts. 
I found some great ideas on Pinterest.  
Here are some with their links:



I really liked the dry erase concept because I will not keep up with it if I have to print a new page out each week.  And I also liked having a week at a time...less work for me!! Just being honest.

Here is what I came up with for the girls. 
I used a 8x10 frame. (50% off this week at HL). It was cheaper than 12x12 scrapbook frame. 
I made a table for each kiddo in WORD. (I stayed up way to late last night getting it like I liked) 
I cut them out and glued them to the 8 1/2x11 paper that I trimmed to fit the frame. 

I am going to attach the dry erase marker to each frame with a ribbon.

I plan to hang them up in our kitchen with 3M strips. Of course I have not told my man or the kiddos about them yet. We first need to figure out if/how they will get allowance. I got the itch a few days ago   about chores and couldn't let it go. 

Oh, most of my time last night was downloading free fonts and deciding which one I liked..hehe!!!! 

Every family will have different ideas for chores. I have certain expectations that are habits now that the oldest does not see as a chore. So think about your own family and see if any of these ideas spark a fire. 



No comments:

Post a Comment