Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Summer travel time!

OK, so I am thinking I am super fabulous.
We leave on a road trip, (yes... me, him, and the three of them), in a car, for hours on end, on Sunday.
That is not the fabulous part.
I went to the dollar store today and bought each kid the cheapest little nylon backpack every made, (i am sure it will at least make it through the trip), a cookie sheet, and a pack of magnetic wooden letters. I am going to fill the backpack with this and other books, crayons, etc, for the trip. What I want to know is your most fabulous idea to keep kids busy in the car?? Please post soon, time is ticking!

4 comments:

  1. Since we have not taken a road trip I can only give ideas from my head and not from experience. Sticker books, Magnet dolls to dress, lacing cards. I remember always playing bingo as a kid. Just whip up a few bingo cards with mile markers, pictures, and more. I have a bingo card on my computer bc we are playing Summer Bingo here. Color Wonder markers are GREAT! You could have a new book/toy to open when you cross state lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the magnetic doll idea, i think they have them at walmart- that could be lots of fun! and I have a bingo card, but I didn't think about magnetizing it so they can use it with their pans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to sure either, we haven't gone on a road trip in a couple years. We always just had lots and lots of movies. You may also want to pack some motion sickness pills just in case too never thought Allison would have a problem then a couple years ago she did and it was a miserable trip. Never hurts to be prepared.

    You can also make a scavenger hunt of things to look for on your trip. I saw a few sites when I was looking for a scavenger hunt that had lists to help you out, just google it.

    Good luck. I would've never thought of the cookie sheet for the magnets.Good job with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are brave. I love the magnetic doll idea. We have some awesome ones from mudpuppy.com. They come in their own little metal case and stick very well. This has been a great help in preventing me from having to reach into the backseat to pick up items. They have a lot of different ones to choose from.

    Or I whip out the DSI...

    Good luck!
    Deidre

    ReplyDelete